In order to be considered for selection by the International UAS Exam, you must submit an English language proficiency certificate or a certificate of your previous studies by 24 January 2024, 3.00 pm Finnish time.
1. English language proficiency certificate:
- IELTS Academic: a minimum total score of 6.0 (Test sections: Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking)
- TOEFL Academic (iBT): a minimum total score of 60 (Test sections: Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing). Jamk University of Applied Sciences’ TOEFL code is 0719.
- Pearson PTE Academic: a minimum total score of 55 (Test sections: Speaking and Writing, Reading, and Listening)
- Cambridge C1 Advanced: a minimum total score of 169 (Test sections: Reading and Use of English, Writing, Listening, and Speaking)
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency: a minimum total score of 169 (Test sections: Reading and Use of English, Writing, Listening, and Speaking)
2. National Certificate of Language Proficiency (YKI) English: Grade 4 or higher on all the subtests (speaking, listening comprehension, writing, and reading comprehension)
3. Higher education degree completed in English in an EU/EEA country, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Switzerland, United Kingdom, or the United States
4. Upper secondary degree completed in English in an EU/EEA country, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Switzerland, United Kingdom, or the United States
5. One of the following grades in the Finnish Matriculation Examination, European Baccalaureate, International Baccalaureate or Reifeprüfung/DIA:
- Finnish Matriculation Examination (completed in Finland): English advanced syllabus with a minimum grade M
- International Baccalaureate completed in English
- International Baccalaureate diploma: grade 4 in higher level English
- European Baccalaureate: at least grade 6.00 in L2-level English
- Reifeprüfung/Deutsche Internationale Abitur (DIA) completed diploma: at least grade 7 in advanced English
Only the certificates listed above are accepted with no exceptions. Please read more about expiration dates and validity of language proficiency certificates and other important information on UASinfo.fi. (Information on the site is subject to change.)
The language test results must be verifiable from the online verification service of the organiser until 13 March 2024. The TOEFL test cannot be verified after two years. The IELTS test cannot be verified after three years. If the test scores can no longer be verified, the test is not valid. The applicant should make sure that the test results are not too old. If the applicant is unsure and the test results are more than 2 years old, it is advised to retake the test. When taking the language test, the applicant should choose the UAS that uses the International UAS Exam as the recipient of the results. The results must be at least sent to the UAS that is listed highest on the list of targeted study programmes in the application form. The applicant must also attach a scanned/electric copy of the test result to the application for verification purposes, and notify their unique identifier.
Only applicants selected by the International UAS Exam need to submit an English language proficiency certificate by the set deadline.