New Transfer Student
Great to have you with us! To start your studies, please follow the steps on this page. Take care to follow the deadlines to ensure your new study place.
1. Accept your study place
You can accept the study place online at www.studyinfo.fi
- If you have Finnish banking codes you can accept the study place at www.studyinfo.fi. Just click “Go to My Studyinfo” to sign in with your banking codes to accept the study place and enroll as a student. The final deadline to accept the study place is 31 December 2022 at 3 pm.
- If you do not have the Finnish National Identification Number you received an automatic email when the results were published, thus, you are able to enter www.studyinfo.fi via a link that you received in the email and accept the study place.
- If there are any problems or you cannot enter www.studyinfo.fi (you do not have the banking codes or you did not receive the email mentioned above), please contact the Student Services as soon as possible (studentservices(at)jamk.fi). We can provide you a document which allows you to accept the study place via paper document.
Notice that you need to accept the study place by 31 December 2022 at 3 pm. If one has not accepted the study place by the deadline the study place is cancelled.
2. Enroll for Attendance or Non-attendance
After you have accepted the study place you also need to enroll attendance/non-attendance at www.studyinfo.fi. Students must enroll for attendance (=attending) or non-attendance (=absent). Only those enrolled for attendance have the right to register for courses and pursue the studies. If you do NOT enroll for attendance or non-attendance by 31 December 2022 at 3 pm or you will lose the study place.
If you are going to enroll for non-attendance, you need to provide a document. The document must be delivered to Jamk Student Services by 31 December 2022 at 3 pm at the latest.
Note, in case you need to pay tuition fees (you are not an EU citizen and do not hold one of the exempting documents, such as a permanent residence in Finland), then you cannot enroll as a student before you have paid the tuition fee.
3. Supply application certificates
You need to attach to your application or send by email to Jamk Admissions Services the original transcript of records as soon as possible but on 5 January 2023 by 3 pm at the latest.
4. Get your Jamk username
Please read the Jamk network usage rules and instructions to receive a new username. Self service password reset works with banking codes.
If you do not have banking codes (Nordea, OP, Sampo etc.) please contact the Student Services (studentservices(at)jamk.fi). You need the username e.g. for access to Elmo student intra.
Warm welcome to study in Jamk and Jyväskylä!
5. Become a member of JAMKO (voluntary)
Student union JAMKO will support you throughout your studies. JAMKO is Jamk UAS' student benefit organization and students' own community, which promotes issues that are important to students, takes care of students rights and brings the student's voice to Jamk's decision-making. In addition, JAMKO organizes events, services and monetary benefits for its members. When you become a member, you get an official student card, with which you get all the national student discounts, but also benefits negotiated by JAMKO. JAMKO membership is available to degree students enrolled at Jamk UAS, also exchange students.
Read more on JAMKO's website and become a member.