Intercultural Leadership in Social and Health Care Systems, 5 ECTS (School of Health and Social Studies)
This Master's level course provides knowledge and understanding of cross-cultural management and leadership issues in social and health care systems, particularly focusing on intercultural communication, diverse teamwork, digital innovations, and cyber security.
Educational product search
As global movement of workforce is increasing in the field of social and health care, the need for organisations’ provision of efficient integration for culturally and linguistically diverse employees has strongly been recognised.
This Master's level course provides knowledge and understanding of cross-cultural management and leadership issues in social and health care systems, particularly focusing on intercultural communication, diverse teamwork, digital innovations, and cyber security
Course programme 5 - 9 June 2023
Summer school starts with an orientation session on Wednesday 17th May at 17-19 (Helsinki time zone: UTC+2) via ZOOM (a link will be sent to you). All students will participate to this online session.
Course administration fees
The administration fees vary according to the applicant's status.
- Students from jamk partner institutions abroad: administration fee varies according to the length of stay (1 week/300€, 2 weeks/500€, 3 weeks/650€-690€, Online Summer School Fee 100€/course)
- Students from non-partner institutions: study fee varies according to the length of stay (1 week/500€, 2 weeks/700€, 3 weeks/1050€, Online Summer School Fee 100€/course)
- For student groups special rates will be negotiated. More information from the contact person of each programme.
Jyväskylä, city of students
Jyväskylä has four beautiful seasons ranging from warm green summers to crisp white winters. The city, located in Central Finland, is surrounded by numerous beautiful lakes and scenic nature. Finland and Jyväskylä are safe places to study and live in. Jyväskylä is a city of students, where every 3rd person that you pass by is a student. The city is very dynamic. Take a look at the sports and cultural activities, not to mention the restaurants and cafés. One of JAMK’s international students was very surprised to get her lost wallet back. This can actually happen in Jyväskylä! Honesty is the hallmark of Finnish culture.
- a pocket size metropol with a lively urban centre
- all the services, shops, schools and work are close at hand
- a wide variety of leisure and sport activities
- a modern centre for industry and learning
- situated between lakes and hills
- population over 140,000