Jamk Talent Boost for Students and Graduates
What is Talent Boost?
Talent Boost aims to improve the opportunities of Jamk’s international students in finding internship or employment in Central Finland. We are hoping
- to improve students' awareness about the job market and provide information on recruitment
- improve Finnish language learning possibilities
- strengthen collaboration with businesses and organizations to rise the number of Jamk graduates that get employed
The main objective is strengthening the links between foreign students and graduates and working life in such a way that their opportunities can be considered equally positive in comparison to local Finnish students.
Why is this interesting to you as a student or a graduate?
- Information flow. Talent Boost is an accessible source of information in English about recent job market developments and available job positions that do not require advanced fluency in Finnish. Stay tuned via our newsletter and social media: get useful links, event info and open job positions.
- Networking, engagement and learning. Develop your career skills, expand your network and get a better glimpse on the language learning and integration patterns in the Talent Boost events and workshops. See the activities and events below and pick the ones that best suit you.
Talent Boost activities
Talent Boost and International Jyväskylä Info Centre:
Dear international student and graduate in Jyväskylä! International Jyväskylä Info Centre in collaboration with Jamk Talent Boost is hosting the Pop-up "Walk-in" Guidance time every Friday on Rajakatu 35 (Jamk Main Campus) in D110, from 14.00-15.30. This guidance time is available for all immigrants in Jyväskylä, Jamk and JYU students. During this time, you can get guidance about the social services in Jyväskylä, life and hobbies in Jyväskylä, job search, career advice, advice about integration, family services and many more. The experience specialist, in confidentiality can answer your questions. If you would like to know more, please reach Jamk Talent Boost and International Info Centre. See you on campus!
Finnish and career courses available in the Talent Boost modules
Jamk Talent Boost main events
Below you can observe the information about our upcoming events and activities.
Tour to the Laajavuori Adventure Park - "Get to Know Jyväskylä".
Introduction into the Finnish Society
Our Guest Lecturer Paul Abbey tells about the "Integation into the Finnish Society" -course.
Read the blog
Job search websites
Below you can check the links to the job searching websites and channels that offer job vacancies in English. Summer jobs are also available soon!
Remember, the period from the beginning of January to mid February is the time to search for summer internships!