Jamk Talent Boost for Students and Graduates
What is Talent Boost?
Talent Boost aims to improve the opportunities of Jamk’s international students in finding internship or employment in Central Finland. We are hoping
- to improve students' awareness about the job market and provide information on recruitment
- improve Finnish language learning possibilities
- strengthen collaboration with businesses and organizations to rise the number of Jamk graduates that get employed
The main objective is strengthening the links between foreign students and graduates and working life in such a way that their opportunities can be considered equally positive in comparison to local Finnish students.
Why is this interesting to you as a student or a graduate?
- Information flow. Talent Boost is an accessible source of information in English about recent job market developments and available job positions that do not require advanced fluency in Finnish. Stay tuned via our newsletter and social media: get useful links, event info and open job positions.
- Networking, engagement and learning. Develop your career skills, expand your network and get a better glimpse on the language learning and integration patterns in the Talent Boost events and workshops. See the activities and events below and pick the ones that best suit you.
Talent Boost activities
Talent Boost weekly Pop-up sessions in Zoom. Need professional help with brushing up your CV, LinkedIn profile or the Letter of Motivation? Then this session is for you. We are available in Zoom every Friday (except public holidays and school breaks) at 10.30 - 11 am. The Zoom meeting link (recurring).
Boost Your Finnish Language Workshop:
The workshops offer free consultation on how to make your CV and other job-seeking documents in Finnish, plus, you can practice your Finnish language tasks with the teacher. You can get a language advice, boost your speaking skills to ensure good results e.g. in job interviews! You can also ask about the Finnish studies, ask the teacher to help you review the information that is provided only in Finnish. The workshops will take place every 2 weeks in Dynamo and every 2 weeks in Rajakatu campuses. Plus, every week on Thursdays it is available online from 11.00 to 12.00!
Rajakatu campus location and schedule:
Time: 10am – 12am
Dates: 19.01.2023 / 2.02.2023 / 16.02.2023 / 9.03.2023 / 23.03.2023 / 6.04.2023 / 20.04.2023 / 4.05.2023
Lutakko (Dynamo) location and schedule:
Location: Dynamo Auditorium Lobby
Dates: 26.01.2023 / 9.02.2023 / 23.02.2023 / 16.03.2023 / 30.03.2023 / 13.04.2023 / 27.04.2023 / 11.05.2023
Finnish and career courses available in the Talent Boost modules
Jamk Talent Boost main events
On the 16th of January we had a Zoom session about summer jobs with TIER app, SOL Palvelut and Crazy Town JKL introduced the new program. Zoom session with the presentations recorded.
36:53-1:01:44 SOL Palvelut
1:01:44-1:21:25 Crazy Town Campus
Introduction into the Finnish Society
Our Guest Lecturer Paul Abbey tells about the "Integation into the Finnish Society" -course.
Read the blog
Job search websites:
Below you can check the links to the job searching websites and channels that offer job vacancies in English. Summer jobs are also available soon!
Remember, the period from the beginning of January to mid February is the time to search for summer internships!
Jamk Work Days!
An international student and searching for job? Come meet potential employers visiting Jamk!