Special Study Programmes in Business
Welcome to the lively and energetic Jamk School of Business! Let Jyväskylä get you inspered. On this page you will find information about arriving to Jyväskylä and links to other useful information about how to get your life and studies in Jyväskylä started.
Welcome to Jamk! Here's what you might want to do next.
We offer apartments at SOIHTU. You will be informed how to apply after the application deadline November 27th. Please note that your tenancy period is a fixed term and is valid for the duration of the whole semester. It means that you have to pay rent for 5 months in spring semester.
Arrival for an exchange period at Jamk
How to get from Helsinki to Jyväskylä?
Jyväskylä is located about 250 km from the capital of Finland, Helsinki. We recommend to take a train or bus from Helsinki to Jyväskylä. Websites with information on the schedules and costs are available at:
• Railways: www.vr.fi
• Bus: www.matkahuolto.fi OR www.onnibus.com
• Aiplane: domestic flights from helsinki to jkl are available. Note; If you arrive by plane you need to take a taxi from airpoort to your residence as there is no bus connection.
When to arrive and who will meet you upon arrival?
If you are planning to arrive in Jyväskylä during a weekend or on a public holiday you should be aware that most of the services and institutions you need are closed (bank, accommodation service, school etc.) and it is difficult to run any urgent matters. That is why we recommend you to arrive on business days: from Monday to Friday during the daytime if at all possible!
The tutors will get in touch with you after you have received the official letter of acceptance from Jamk. You should then confirm your arrival date and time by e-mail to your tutor no later than three weeks before the arrival. Your tutor will meet you upon arrival in Jyväskylä (assuming that you arrive on business day during the daytime and have confirmed your arrival date and time to your tutor). Please make sure you arrive in Jyväskylä in time for the orientation.
Academic Year and Holidays 2022-2023
Official semester dates for Study Abroad students run as follows:
- 22 August 2022 - 21 December 2022
- 6 February 2023 - 26 May 2023 (Summer School courses in June 2023)
Exam Periods: There are no separate exam periods at Jamk. Exams are held during the official semester.
Orientation: Orientation for the spring semester 2023 takes place on 6 February 2023. A lot of useful information on living in Finland and studying at Jamk is provided during the orientation. You will get more information later by email.
Fall and Spring break:
During fall and spring break there are no classes but students may have assignments to complete.
- Fall Break: 17 October 2022 - 23 October 2022
- Spring Break: 27 February 2023 - 5 March 2023
- Independence Day: 6 December 2022
- Christmas: 24-26 December 2022
- New Year's Day: 1 January 2023
- Epiphany: 6 January 2023
- Easter: 7-10 April 2023
- May Day: 1 May 2023
- Ascension Day: 18 May 2023
- Whit Sunday: 28 May 2023
- Midsummer: 24 June 2023
Learn more about the courses from our study guide!
At the end of your studies
At the end of your studies you'll receive a transcript of records for the credits you have earned.
- Autumn semester: you will receive transcript of records latest in the end of February
- Spring semester: you will received transcript of records latest in the end of August