Wanna be a Future Rock Star in Digital Revolution of Sustainable Food and Bioeconomy business?
Join the Smart Bioeconomy Bootcamp!
What: 5-day Bootcamp for highly motivated students ready to learn about digital revolution in sustainable food, bioeconomy and agritech business and entrepreneurial skills
When: May 27–31, 2024
Where: Bioeconomy Campus, Jamk University of Applied Sciences, Tuumalantie 17, Saarijärvi, Finland
To whom: For international and Finnish students of university and university of applied sciences interested in smart bioeconomy and agritech and entrepreneurship; young people having a startup operating in the field of smart agriculture and bioeconomy; young people aspiring to become entrepreneurs
Goals: Learning and understanding:
- sustainable food and biomass production chain (sustainable food, feed, and fiber)
- role of digitalization and new business opportunities related to data and analytics
- open innovation and creativity
- modern problem-solving, innovation development and entrepreneurial skills
Participation is free-of-charge! Register now!
Bootcamp courses, company visits with transportation and Bootcamp accommodation are free-of-charge. Meals during the bootcamp are at your own expense, as well as your travel expenses.
Places are limited (max 20 students), so participants are selected based on applications. When choosing participants, attention is paid to e.g. how the applicant's studies and interests are related to the Bootcamp theme and motivation of the applicant. You don't have to have a start-up or business idea of your own to attend the Bootcamp.
The scope of the bootcamp with preliminary assignments is approx. 54 hours, which corresponds to two (2) ECTS credits. The Bootcamp organizer does not directly grant credits, so we kindly ask you to discuss the crediting of studies with your own educational institution, and we are available to provide you with the supporting documentation. For example, it is possible for Jamk University of Applied of Sciences students to include Bootcamp as part of Future Factory studies or optional studies.
You will get a certificate of participation from Bootcamp.
#smartbioeconomybootcamp2024 #smartbioeconomy #sustainability #sustainablefoodsystems #climatesmart #agritech #agrotechnology #agribusiness #smartagriculture #datadrivenagriculture #dataanalytics #startups #business #innovation #entrepreneurshipskills #creativity #businessmodelling
What is so cool in Smart Bioeconomy?
Food production is on the cusp of revolution - Farming 4.0: The world will need 50% more food by 2050, while there is a dire need in the production chain to consume significantly fewer resources than today.
The market for digital innovations in sustainable food production is booming, and the adoption of digital technologies in sustainable food production is attracting great interest from investors who see a clear and compelling need to bring farming into the future. The growth of Agritech financing, deals and acquisitions is supported by the demand for innovative and sustainable agricultural practices that increase yields, reduce costs, and resource input, and provide a more resilient food supply chain. The hottest startups of the moment can be found precisely in this field!
Vacancies in the smart bioeconomy sector will increase in the future, and companies in the field recruit talented people. When the bioeconomy business becomes more and more technological and digitized, various kinds of experts are needed, such as specialists in information technology and business administration for example.
Why Central Finland?
Bioeconomy Campus, a regional centre of excellence, is located in Saarijärvi city, Central Finland. We promote the development of a sustainable and profitable bioeconomy in the society. We are a strong developer of bioeconomy business and promoter of export activities. We offer companies and communities testing, training, and expert services in the bioeconomy sector. We work closely with research institutes, companies, and educational institutions both internationally and regionally. Our unique location in the Finnish countryside, in the middle of 1,000 lakes, fields and forests is worth experiencing itself!
Bioeconomy is a strength of the whole region of Central Finland. Bioeconomy allows the transition towards low carbon economy, with the increasing opportunities for circular economy. Central Finland is home to several globally significant smart bioeconomy market leaders, such as Valtra Ltd.'s factory in Suolahti and Metsä Group plc.'s bioproduct factory in Äänekoski.
Join our Smart Bioeconomy Bootcamp to
- enjoy inspiring talks from top speakers and influencers
- have a deep dive into smart bioeconomy and sustainable food production
- develop your own business ideas
- solve real-life hackathon challenges from bioeconomy and agritech business life and learn to make a killer pitch
- visit world class bioeconomy companies
- participate in an interesting DemoDay and get to know smart farming testbed environments
- Miiro Jääskeläinen, Underground Weatherman / Agronomist, Soil Scout
- Soil Scout is the winner of Kaski2023 Pitching Competition at AgriVenture Finland 2023
- Farmers and agriculture professionals around the world use Soil Scout to understand their fields, optimize soil conditions for better growth and improve crop production, also reducing operational costs and water consumption
- networking with other international students and hottest smart bioeconomy startups
- evening program: campfire and hiking in Finnish nature, sauna and swimming, networking dinner
- accommodation in country landscape
Please note, that you must purchase sufficient health & travel insurance that is valid throughout your entire stay in Finland. It is the student’s responsibility to have sufficient insurance before arrival to Finland and Jamk University of Applied Sciences does not provide it.
Smart Bioeconomy Bootcamp is part of Finnish Future Farm project, executed by Jamk University of Applied Sciences and POKE Vocational College. The project is co-funded by the Just Transition Fund of the European Union, via Regional Council of Central Finland. Project is also funded by Saarijärvi City, Valtra, Neste and AGCO Power.