Tourism and Hospitality offers Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes. In addition to graduate programmes,we offer continuing education and also customise services for businesses on request.

Bachelor's Degree Programmes

Get a practically oriented Bachelor's degree and start your own international career in Jyväskylä, Finland.

  • Service Business (conducted in Finnish, including various courses in English) 
  • Tourism Management (conducted in English)

Master's Degree Programmes

  • Tourism and Hospitality Management (conducted in Finnish, including various courses in English.)


Student and alumni stories

Student Emma, case Naava

"Naava's presence creates a suitable amount of pressure and motivation and a great desire to succeed. The groups must put themselves on the line and work intensively just as in real working life."

Read more

Studying tourism in JAMK

Watch what Vili, Mariia, and Lotta have to say about Tourism Management Studies here at JAMK. For them the international athmosphere of the English Tourism and Travelling Program was one of the main reasons for choosing JAMK.

"The studies have been interesting and the teachers are helpful and understanding. There's also a lot of freedom to choose the courses that you find interesting. You can also decide if you want to do a practical training or exchange abroad." 

The future offers many possibilities for the students - possibilities such as working with event management or human resources.

You can also watch the video from here »

Open studies - Available to everyone

Open Studies are available to everyone, irrespective of age and educational background. The courses are suitable for you who 

  • want to develop your expertise or the knowledge and skills needed in the world of work 
  • are considering studies at a university of applied sciences and want to be familiarised with your future field of study 
  • want to advance your all-round education in your areas of interest

> Read more

Note! International students may need a visa or residence permit for Open Studies, depending on their citizenship. It is difficult to get these permits only for Open Studies, which are not leading to a degree. For further information, please visit the website of the Finnish Immigration Service. Note also, that the studies often contain contact lessions and require attendance in Jyväskylä Finland.

Tourism and hospitality courses in Open Studies

There are courses available in all fields of study. You can take course chains, study paths or single courses. There are courses held in mornings, evenings and weekends along with courses taught completely online.  Pick your own!

More information

Hiekkataipale Minna-Maaria

Hiekkataipale Minna-Maaria

Yksikönjohtaja, Director
LIKE Hallinto, Administration
Liiketoiminta, School of Business