Degree Student

New Student via Open Study Path

We want to welcome you to start your studies as a degree student! This page includes instructions how to accept the study place and how to enroll as a degree student.

Please follow these instructions and notice the important dates 

1 Accepting the study place

You can accept the study place online at

  1. If you have Finnish banking codes you can accept the study place at Just click “Go to My Studyinfo” to sign in with your banking codes to accept the study place and enrol as a student. The final deadline to accept the study place is 2 December 2022, 3 pm.
  2. If you do not have the Finnish National Identification Number you received an automatic email when the results were published, thus, you are able to enter via a link that you received in the email and accept the study place.
  3. If there are any problems or you cannot enter (you do not have the banking codes or you did not receive the email mentioned above), please contact the Student Services as soon as possible (studentservices(at) We can provide you a document which allows you to accept the study place via paper document.

Notice that you need to accept the study place by 2 December 2022, 3 pm at the latest. If one has not accepted the study place by the deadline the study place is cancelled and given for the first person on the waiting list.

The admission is conditional until the final transcript has been checked (55 ECTS credits and other requirements) on 20 December 2022.

Notice that you can only accept one study place during autumn 2022.

2 Enroll for Attendance / Non-attendance

After you have accepted the study place you also need to enroll attendance/non-attendance at Students must enroll for attendance (=attending) or non-attendance (=absent). Only those enrolled for attendance have the right to register for courses and pursue the studies. If you do NOT enrol for attendance or non-attendance by 2 December 2022, 3 pm you will lose the study place.

If you are going to enroll for non-attendance, you need to provide a document. The document must be delivered to Jamk Student Services by 2 December 2022, 3 pm. 

Note, in case you need to pay tuition fees (you are not an EU citizen and do not hold one of the exempting documents, such as a permanent residence in Finland), then you cannot enroll as a student before you have paid the tuition fee. Please check more information about the tuition fees below.

3 Checking the transcript of records

The required studies must be at Peppi system by 20 December 2022 if you have completed your studies at Jamk Open. If you have completed open studies in another Finnish open UAS, you have sent the copy of your transcript by 20 December 2022. 

If you are selected as a Master’s Degree student:

  • You have attached the copies of your certificates (bachelor's degree certificate and work certificates) to the application during the application period. Be prepared to present the original degree and work certificates at the Student Services in the beginning of your studies, if requested.

If you fail to submit copies of your certificates or do not present the original certificates if requested or have given false or insufficient information concerning your certificates, your study place will be revoked.

In Master's Degree you have to complete at least 30 or 20 credits (ECTS) depending on the programme.

4 Tuition fees / exemption of tuition fees

A new legislation concerning tuition fees came into effect in Finland 1st of January 2016. Therefore, higher education institutions are obliged to charge tuition fees for those students who are not citizens of countries of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA). The legislation concerns degree programmes taught in English.

New UK degree students who arrive in Finland after the 31st of December 2020 are liable to full tuition fee and residence permit requirements like other non-EU/EEA students.

The tuition fees of Jamk for NON-EU/EEA citizens are €8,000/academic year for Bachelor's Degrees taught in English and €9,000/academic year for Master's Degrees taught in English.

The following document exempts students of paying tuition fees:

  • a Finnish passport or a passport of any other EU/EEA country
  • Continuous residence permit card in Finland (type A permit)
  • Permanent residence permit card in Finland (type P permit)
  • EU residence permit for third-country citizens with long-term residence card in Finland (Type P-EU)
  • EU Blue Card in Finland
  • EU Family Member's Residence Card in Finland
  • Proof from the Finnish Immigration Services that the student has registered, or applied for registration for EU right to residence in Finland (UK-citizens)
  • Brexit residence permit card, Type TEU agreement's 50 article = Right of residence under the withdrawal agreement, or P TEU-agreement's 50 article = Right of permanent residence under the withdrawal agreement

If you hold one of the documents, send us a copy of it as soon as possible. Thus, if you have one of these cards you do not need to pay the tuition fee! We will check the original document in the beginning of studies. If you are in the process of receiving one of these cards, please inform us about that as well. If you start your studies in the autumn semester the card must be valid on 1st of August and it must be presented by 31st August to be exempted from paying the tuition fee. In the spring semester the card must be valid on 1st of January and it must be presented by 31st January to be exempted from paying the tuition fee. Notice, if you receive one of the documents at any point of your studies, please inform your Study Affairs Coordinator immediately, then you are exempted from paying the tuition fees starting from the following semester.

In the first academic year, a scholarship covers 50% of the tuition fee at Jamk. At Jamk a scholarship can be given only to such students who are required to pay tuition fees.

5 User code, enrollment for courses and accrediting the courses completed in the Open Studies

Your study entitlement as a degree student will become valid in the beginning of the academic term.

If you have completed your open UAS’s studies at Jamk and you have an active study entitlement, your user credentials do not change. New user credentials are formed if your previous user credentials are expired. 

If you do not have active user credentials for Jamk, read the user regulations of Jamk’s web and instructions for getting new user credentials. The 
Self service password reset works with banking codes. If you do not have banking codes (Nordea, OP, Sampo etc.) please contact the Student Services (studentservices(at)

You also need the user code to access Elmo student intra. The Elmo student intranet has more information about starting your studies and other practical information. You will receive more information about the course enrollment from your tutor teacher in the beginning of studies. The Open Studies completed at Jamk that that can be recognised as part of the degree programme are transferred to your new transcript of records by the Student Services during the beginning semester. In case you have completed Open Studies in other UAS, please discuss with your tutor teacher about the accreditation of such courses in the beginning of studies.