Join the Jamk Leadership Program in Silicon Valley, USA
Strengthen your international leadership, networking, and communication competences in Silicon Valley! The programme includes business studies offered by San José State University, visits to companies and startup success stories from different fields.
Silicon Valley: Come and succeed in sunny California
California is the largest state in the United States of America. It is the 7th largest economy in the world. California is the hub of IC-technology and of venture capital. California has all through history been the place for up and coming ideas and at the cutting edge of technology.
San José State is conveniently located on 154 acres in downtown San José, midway between San Francisco and the Monterey/Carmel area at the sunny southern end of San Francisco Bay, and is easily accessible from area freeways.
Silicon Valley Innovation and Entrepreneurship from a Global Perspective
Silicon Valley Startup Culture explores cultural principles that make Silicon Valley such a unique place to live and work. Participants will get an insider´s look at the workings of Silicon Valley´s most influential companies, including Google, Apple, Adobe and Facebook. In addition, you will obtain insights into the differences of Silicon Valley from the rest of the world, namely, its risk-taking culture, creative leadership, and open innovation mindset.
- Master´s level students
- Company personnel
The following topics will be covered:
- New Trends, Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Ecosystem in Silicon Valley
- Valuation and Business Plans of Startups in Silicon Valley
- Leadership in a Multicultural and Dynamic Business Environment
- Digitalization of Marketing
- International Business Speaking and Global Dialogue
- Service Quality Concept and Design Thinking
- Company and Startup Visits
The application period will end on September 9th, 2022. All the applicants will be contacted via email for further information after the application period by the course coordinator.
When filling out the online application please attach the following documents: Copy of your passport; Copy of the transcript of records (for students only); Motivation letter (max 500 words) with a photo of yourself.
NOTE: To ensure your participation, we recommend you to apply latest in August 2022. We follow a first-come-first-serve basis.
Maximum amount of participants: 25
Costs for Applicants
- Participants are responsible for booking and paying their flight and accommodation by themselves
- The cost of the programme is 450€ for JAMK students and 950€ for non-JAMK students/company personnel + VAT
- The maximum size of the group is 25 people (Apply fast!)
- We reserve the right to make changes
FIRST THREE NIGHTS in San Francisco
- Accommodation at Hotel Zeppelin. Make your own reservation!
SIX NIGHTS in San José
In San José we recommend you to make your reservation from:
- Pacific Motor Inn (the lowest price) or
- Fairmont hotel (NOTE! Fairmont San Jose To Become Signia By Hilton in February 2022)
We will reserve double rooms at Pacific Motor Inn. Inform the course coordinator if you do not wish to stay at the hotel. The price for six nights in a shared double room in San José is 490€ (subject to minor changes due to exchange rates).