Aim for Master's Degree in Open Studies
Study paths (Master's Level)
For you, who
- aim for a Master's degree
- have completed a bachelor's degree, but are not yet eligible for a Master's degree studies due to lack of work experience
- have applied to study for a Master’s degree, but have not been accepted yet
- have suitable higher education qualification, Finnish vocational college diploma or a Finnish higher vocational diploma
- are looking for a flexible model to study
- want to complete supplementary studies, but not a full degree
- want to apply for a degree through the open study path and get accepted without entrance exams
To enter Master's level studies, you have to have a bachelor's degree first. You can also have a suitable higher education qualification, Finnish vocational college diploma or a Finnish higher vocational diploma in the field (vocational college diplomas were awarded mainly in Finland in the 1990s). When applying for a degree, applicants who apply with any other degree than with the relevant higher education degree specified above, are considered case-by-case based by their educational background and work experience.
You can start study paths in Open Studies even without fulfilling the work experience requirement. The work experience needs to be completed if you apply for a degree later.
Why study path?
- Study path includes the entire first year studies
- Studying takes place in the same group with degree students
- Master's degree studies completed in the Open Studies will be included in your degree if you later become a degree student
- You can apply through the open study path for degree programmes
You can apply for degree studies when you have completed 20-30 credits of Master's degree studies in Open Studies. The studies may consist of study path courses or individual courses - as long as they are suitable for the degree programme. Through the study path, you avoid entrance exams in most cases. At Jamk all those who apply through study paths are accepted for Master's degree programmes.